| Job Summary:
Under moderate supervision, performs such duties as required in the servicing of oil and gas wells and the maintenance and repair of service units and tools. Having satisfactorily completed all the training requirements for Trainee Operator, the Assistant Operator will broaden experience on well sites and primary tool maintenance.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operates, under normal conditions, the winch unit for running in and out of the hole; "zeros" tools and monitors tension meter, cable speed, depth and spooling of cable; understands depth control and weight indicator systems; uses all winch cable safety controls.
- Prepares well for service operations, aligns logging unit, installs sheave wheel, threads cable, and connects multiple tools as required.
- Learns to select, load and unload required tools and corresponding surface instrumentation for the job.
- Learns to assist the Engineer in maintenance checks of tools and equipment in the Cell.
- Participates in inspecting, maintaining and repairing primary tools, service units, and associated equipment according to the RITE program.
- Learns to service, maintain, and assist in marking cables.
- Learns to build bridles and heads.
- Identifies the surface instrumentation, tools, and associated equipment required to run each service in the district.
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Attends and participates in safety meetings as required
- Keeps and maintains time sheets, and dangerous goods forms current and accurate
- Keeps up to date on >90% of NEST requirements
- Performs tool TRIM
- Calibrates tools as required
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Minimum requirement should be:
Competencies to be kept current:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Evaluation of at least "Satisfactory" on the Trainee/Assistant Operator section of TOPS.
- Minimum of six months as a Trainee Operator.
- Experience in accurately meeting predetermined specifications.
- Understand basic use of volt/amp meters.
- Presents attitude and appearance in shop and field such as to enhance the Company's image and promote client relations.
- Takes instruction in all aspects of the work for which training has been given.
- Independently pursues opportunities to observe maintenance functions and to practice maintenance skills
- Provides assistance and guidance to Trainee Operators.
- Reports all malfunctions or suspected areas of trouble to the appropriate shop personnel and keeps the Engineer informed at all times.
Hazmat endorsement a plus.
***Need CDL, class B.***
***Job will initially be in Graham, Texas, then moving permanently to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in Q4 of 2014 or Q1 of 2015.***
Position starts ASAP